The shortest month of the year is coming to an end. I feel as if it was one big blur. Anyone else with me?
Reading wise, I had a slower month – maybe not on the reading side but definitely on the reviewing side. My ratings averaged a 3.9. That’s not too bad!
February ARC and Book Reviews
- Well Met | Jen DeLuca | Romance | 4✨
- The Simple Wild | K.A. Tucker | Romance | 5✨
- Saint X | Alexis Schaitkin | Fiction |2✨
- Dear Edward | Anne Napolitano | Fiction | 5✨
Awards and Superlatives
Awards and superlatives are selected by me and only me. I’m not the Academy Awards nor do I claim to be. These should be taken light and halfheartedly because they are fun….unless you are the actual author. Then, they should totally be taken seriously. Totally.
Favorite Book of the Month: The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker
Book That Did Not Live Up To The Hype: Saint X by Alexis Schiatkin
Most Thought Provoking: Dear Edward by Anne Napolitano
Other Bookish Fun
This month in keeping with the theme of love (it is February, you know?), I created not one but TWO romance book lists. Have you seen them?
I featured only two blog tours this month:
- Eat Happy Too, a cookbook with delicious gluten free, grain free, low carbohydrate recipes for those of you who want to eat better in 2020.
- Australia – a romance anthology that benefits the firefighters and wildlife in Australia for those of you that want to give back or read for a cause in 2020.
And lastly I – as a BOTM affiliate – showcased February’s monthly selections. You can see that post HERE. And in a couple of days, I will be showcasing March’s as well. There are so many good books coming in March. I may have to break my self imposed “No-Add-On Ban”.
What’s an Add-On? At Book of the Month, you are able to add on to your box up to TWO additional hardcover books for $9.99 each (plus tax when applicable). That is cheaper than most – if not all – retailers! There is a huge selection featuring every genre, too. Want more information? Click on the graphic below!
Upcoming ARC / Book Reviews and Other Fun
The following are a list of books I have read in February but have not reviewed yet. Hopefully, you will see them in March!
- The Chestnut Man by Soren Sveistrup (as part of the #threefriendsbookclub on Instagram)
- The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams
- White Lies by Autumn Jones Lake
#threefriendsbook club Buddy Read News: March’s book will be The Sundown Motel by Simone St. James. Join the buddy read fun over on Instagram!
What’s a buddy read? It’s a small discussion with other bookworms on a chosen book. Basically, it’s virtual book club. Ours is really low key and informal, too. We don’t want any pressure!
As for the rest of the month, I have a few plans up my sleeve. You will just have to wait and see!
And as always, thank you for reading my blog!